Thursday, July 17, 2008

Red, White, and Awesome!

posted by Christi at 3:51 PM
I know what you're thinking. "What the crap?! Where's the Disney World post??" It's coming, I promise! We have just under 200 pictures that my sweet hubby (who happens to suffer from OCD) feels he must caption before putting them in a slide show. But in the meantime, I thought I'd fill you in on what else has been going on. July's been a busy month! The 4th was especially fun this year. Brian, Laura, Clara, and the Grace posse came in for the weekend, and we had an awesome fireworks show along with a kickin' hot dog supper at Larry and Denise's. Good times!


And then last weekend, Brian and Laura invited the whole family to the Swasko's lakehouse on Cypress Springs. It was soooo beautiful, and so much fun! We boated, jet-skied, swam, played board games, sipped margaritas...sigh....it was, in a word, heavenly. We even had a pre-party b-day party for Ace since Clara wouldn't be able to make it in for the real deal. They had decorated the house, bought a cake, and even thought to get something for Sophie, too...as if she's not spoiled enough! It was honestly one of the kindest things anyone has ever done for my children. Thanks so much you guys! And thanks, Swaskos, for opening your home to us. We had a ball!


No, you're not hallucinating. Aidan is in fact riding the jet ski. My shy child is actually a bit of a daredevil!

A happy little bumbina!

Some awesomely cheesy Chicago lyrics would fit well here.


I love this picture. It's so "Miami Vice."

I can't believe it. Even with lake hair, we look AWESOME!

Until next time!

2 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

What a great post... I love all the pics & what a great time we had. I love the pic of all "my girls"... gotta get that one to print out... I wish I had got to see Aidan on the jet ski. Can't believe he did that but he sure looks like a natural sitting there doesn't he? So glad he enjoyed it.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Laura Rhea said...

It was such an awesome time -- from the 4th to the lake!!! and so fun to relive it through such a great post and great pics! :D *sigh* I already want to be back... and I know Clara wants to be back playing with her cousins, too!

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home