Sunday, November 12, 2006

Vince Flynn

posted by Larr at 2:50 PM
I have just finished reading a book by an author named Vince Flynn. Yes I know those of you that know me are probably asking yourself.... Larr reading a book?? I have never read much cause I have always been a slow reader. I mean it took me like 3 or 4 months to read 1 of the Lord of the Rings books. Those books were like around 350 pages. I just finished reading Vince Flynn's first book "Term Limits" a 612 page book in just 8 days. It just blows my mind as to how quick I was able to read it. The book was awesome. He has about 5 or 6 others and is about to or has just finished his most recent. If you like reading I would highly recommend checking his stuff out. Something impressive about him is that growing up he was afraid to read or write due to his dyslexia. I think it is something to have over come that and now be writing books. Here is what is on the back of "Term Limits" telling you a little about the book.

"In one bloody night, three of Washington's most powerful politicians are executed with surgical precision. Their assassins then deliver a shocking ultimatum to the American government: set aside partisan politics and restore power to the people. No one, they warn, is out of their reach — not even the president. A joint FBI-CIA task force reveals the killers are elite military commandos, but no one knows exactly who they are or when they will strike next. Only Michael O'Rourke, a former U.S. Marine and freshman congressman, holds a clue to the violence: a haunting incident in his own past with explosive implications for his country's future...."

If you are interested in checking more out on this author you can check him out at is website. http://www.vinceflynn.com

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahem...you forgot to mention who picked out the book for you in the first place, honey...me! Your darling, dimpled, dutiful wife! Do I know my man or what? And I don't know why you're so surprised at how fast you were able to read it. I always knew you were a genius...that's why I married you. :) Kisses!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Sounds good but I'll just wait for the movie... starring Denzel Washington... ya think???

10:45 PM  
Blogger Tim and Melissa said...

No, I'm sorry D....Denzel is getting on up in age....let's have some younger, hunkier actor take over for a change.....Keanu Reeves comes to mind. (Just saw The Lake House on PPV). I think he could handle it.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Brian Rhea said...

Sounds like a pretty interesting plot! And I'm with Christi, I'm not surprised you read it so fast...are you moving on to "Transfer of Power"?

9:18 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Sounds like an interesting read. I may have to check out a few of his books!! And like Christi said...you're a pretty smart guy!! Where do you think Ace gets all his smarts?? Oh well...wait...those may have come from Christi actually ;)

And Sissy...did you like the Lake House?? Joe, Joy and I watched it last week and were laughing more than anything. Didnt think it was supposed to be a comedy.....

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home