Saturday, August 19, 2006

1 Week Down....A Lot More to Go

posted by Christi at 3:55 PM
Yes, folks, I'm still alive! It's gonna take more than a bunch of freshman and one mouthy junior to keep me down! The first week of school was definitely a hard one. My body and my mind haven't been this tired in a VERY long time. I think I'm getting the hang of things, though. The hardest part is just trying to get my lessons together. I mean I have NOTHING, ya know? I know now why people say your first year of teaching is the hardest. I really think I'm gonna enjoy my kids, though. Oh, I've got some stinkers, don't get me wrong. But there were some moments this week where there was some genuine engagement going on. And one student, whom I've had problems from in the past, hasn't given me any trouble since a heart-to-heart I had with him the first day of class. I don't wanna count my chickens before they're hatched, but I think it's gonna be a great year.

6 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

So glad to hear you had a good first week. I am sure it will only get better... they have a great teacher I know that!!!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Brian Rhea said...

Alright! That first week is in the bag and I'll bet you were awesome!

Hang in there and never underestimate the power of a footspa!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Glad to hear your first week went so good! I'm sure the rest of the year will go by just fine also!! Your gonna be a great teacher!!!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Tim and Melissa said...

What we tell our MDO teachers is that before school starts make you up a bunch of dinners and stick them in the freezer, that way the first week of school all you have to do for dinner is go home and pop something in the oven or microwave. Sure takes some of the stress off. Good luck on the rest or the year.

Tismia

2:10 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

Hey Christi,

I am starting my 8th year and I am knowing how you feel. When you start a new school, it's almost like starting all over again. If there is ever anything I can do to help you, I am more than willing to help, all you have to do is email me. My school email address is chenson@detroit.esc8.net

4:07 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

Now you have two weeks down. Before you know it, you're going to turn around and the first 6 weeks will be over and then you will turn around again and the first semester will be over...and then, well you know the rest of the story. I bet your students have learned a lot already. Don't you just love juniors? My juniors are one of my favorite classes, next to my group of 7 Seniors.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home