Sunday, April 05, 2009

Adventures in Fairyland

posted by Christi at 3:56 PM
Several weeks ago a card came home with Sophie from Mother's Day Out advertising a "Fairyland" portrait session with Dixon Photography. I was so all over it. I love fairies, and for a long time I've known that if I ever had a daughter, I would decorate her room in a fairy theme. So for me, this was a dream come true. I would get her picture made dressed as a fairy, frame it, and hang it in her room as the centerpiece for the whole shebang! So I set up the appointment, took Becs with me for support and damage control, and we got started with the session. Sophia was soooo pretty dressed in her little pink fairy dress, iridescent wings and tiny flower crown....I was eatin' it up!! She, however, was not. Those of you who have experience with two year olds know what I'm talking about here. The concept of "stranger danger" is foremost in their mind when confronted with new people, and my daughter was on high alert. To say the very least, she was a very angry little fairy. Chrystal, the photographer, finally suggested that Becca and I step out and wait. She said it would be tough to take at first, but that she would finally settle down. So we did...and it was...but she did! After several minutes of some terrible noises I didn't even know such a small person could make, I began to hear giggling...and then camera clicking! So after what was probably the most traumatic portrait session known to man, we were done. And just look at our precious little flower fairy!! The one where she's crouching behind the mushroom looking into the pond is the one I picked out for her room.



2 Comments:

Blogger Mema said...

All of that and look what you got. A most precious gem. That is so precious and I love mine. I think I would have chosen the other one tho, why, I don't know. They are both just precious.

Lovely Sophia.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Laura Rhea said...

that is amazing!! how did they do that? She is such a precious little fairy princess! sounded like a traumatizing experience - well worth it though! she will adore that as she grows up!

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home