Friday, December 28, 2007

Happy Holidays!

posted by Christi at 1:58 PM

Yes, that's right. I'm FINALLY getting up our Christmas post. Why is it that the holidays never feel much like a "holiday?" Where's the rest? Where's the relaxation that's implied in such a word? I don't know about you guys, but I'm STILL tired! The house finally looks like a house again, and not some dumping ground for boxes, instruction manuals and random batteries. And our sweets are nearly gone. But this Christmas, no matter how hectic it was, will always be special. This was indeed a Christmas of firsts for us. For example, it was:

1. Sophie's first Christmas EVER!

2. our niece, Clara's, first Christmas EVER!

3. my complete family's first Christmas together.

4. the first year Aidan REALLY understood the concept of Santa, presents, and became genuinely excited on Christmas morning.


If you could bottle moments in time and keep them forever, this Christmas would definitely go on my shelf. Here are some pictures from the day. Hope everyone's new year is safe and happy!


Sophie enjoys her new shape sorting blocks and the "My Little Pony" Santa left in her stocking.
Ace sat on a bow and it stuck to his little tushie! I couldn't resist--I had to have a picture!! This one comes out when he brings his first girlfriend home....

A Christmas kiss for baby "Care-la."

Babies' first Christmas, Clara and Sophie.


4 Comments:

Blogger Mema said...

Yes, it was a very big lot of firsts. And they were so special. Those girls looked so sweet in the matching dresses. Did you get them exchanged for bigger sizes?

There will be other special events, enjoy them to the fullest. They grow up so fast.

Love to all, Mema

5:38 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Yes Aidan is getting to that age when alot of stuff will be more fun now that he is older. It only gets better... HHmm... what picture of Larrylee do I need to bring out that I haven't??? Not a bow on his butt but something just as funny I'll bet. I love that picture of the girls... my favorite...

12:25 AM  
Blogger Laura Rhea said...

what an special, beautiful Christmas!! Full of joy and blessing... we were so glad we got to share it with y'all. I'm so excited for the girls to be older and playing together!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

I'm with you Christi....nothing about that felt like "holiday" :) Joe and I are still catching up on framing we had to put off because of the Christmas rush :)

It was a good one though!!! I love the picture of the kids together! They are All such cute kids!!! :D

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home