Friday, December 07, 2007

Santa's Comin' to Town!

posted by Christi at 7:19 PM
Last weekend Larr put on his very skankiest clothes and braved the attic to bring our MANY boxes of Christmas decor out of hibernation. We spent the entire day Saturday taking down, putting up, and just plain ol' deckin' those halls! Ace was a huge help this year. He found the branches for me as I put the tree together, put several of the ornaments on, and was on bulb-burn out duty for his dad who was working on the outside lights. Sophie's efforts, however, left something to be desired. Let's just say that I'll be needing several new strands of garland next year and leave it at that. Here are some pictures from the day. Ho, Ho, Ho everyone!

This is our gingerbread village. I started collecting them a couple of years ago; I get a new piece or two every Christmas!


Sophie hangs her "Baby's First Christmas" ornament. It's so weird that she's nearly a year old, but this will be her first Christmas!




4 Comments:

Blogger Mema said...

What fun, teaching little ones our traditions. And making new ones as you go along.

How I long for those days past.

But reliving them in the eyes of the grands and gr-grands is so much fun. They are all so precious.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Brian Rhea said...

Looks great! ...and it reminds me we need to get a Baby's First Christmas ball for CJ...yikes!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

What wonderful days those were... putting up the tree & decorations. I watch the videos of the Christmases gone by & now to see those memories come alive again in pictures with our grandkids, reminds me of all the blessings God has given to us. I thank Him for each & everyone of you. The Very Merriest Christmas to everyone!!!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

cant wait to come see yall's tree!! I heard Ace didn't even want to go to the parade in fear of missing some tree trimming :D

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home