Wednesday, July 05, 2006

We love the Beach!!

posted by Larr at 5:48 PM
Well I know this is long overdue, but I wanted to wait until we had all the pictures we wanted to put on here before we did a post. The second week of June we went to South Padre with Christi's family to vacation and celebrate her Dad's 50th birthday! We had a blast! To start the trip we flew from Dallas to Harlingen. It was Aidan's first flight and my second. I wasn't really looking forward to it. Just something about being that high in the air and moving mechanical parts just don't sit well with me! If it wasn't for some of the turbulance I would have been more calm I think. Ace was a real trooper, though. Christi planned for every possible malfunction/meltdown the child could possibly have by packing a huge duffle bag full of toys and snacks, and he ended up sleeping half the way and looking quietly out the window the other half! Crazy! Finally we landed and headed to the condo, which was very nice. Very homey. Once we were there we spent a good amount of time at the beach, with the occasional trip out to dinner or shopping. I also went fishing with all the guys. We opted to fish in the bay rather than out in the open ocean. We'd been told the odds of catching fish were better that way. And boy were they!! We caught 60 pounds worth of fish! Later that night we grilled what we caught at the picnic area downstairs. All in all it was a great vacation, filled with food, fun, family and friends. We're so going back one day. Take a look at our gallery for some fabulous Padre pics!

4 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Looks like yall had a great time!!! Enjoyed the pictures. Glad yall had a good time & good flight.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a vacation!!! I am glad you had a good time and looks like Aidan Lee had a ball.

The best part tho was being on the ground Larr, I do not like to fly eather.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

I know you guys had a great time and I love the pictures....finally ;)

2:38 PM  
Blogger Tim and Melissa said...

Wow, I didnt' know anything about that. I'm surprised your mom didn't tell me about it, knowing how she feels about flying as well. Oh, well, glad ya'll had a goood time.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home