Thursday, September 18, 2008

What a day!!

posted by Christi at 9:13 PM
There were 4, that's right--4, snakes found in the school today!!! My friend, Lindsey, nearly stepped on one in the stairwell, one was found under a bed in the lifeskills room, one was caught on a glue trap in the office, and the other was found in the journalism classroom.....just two doors up from me!!!! SWEET FANCY MOSES!! Anyone entering my room after that would've found me and the kids sitting on top of the desks as we read and discussed Puritan literature. After some research, it was deduced that the culprits were merely rat snakes, not poisonous at all. Relieved? Definitely. Coming off the desk top any time soon? No way.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mema said...

Oh my!!! I doubt that I would ever go to school again. Is that a good reason for staying home? You bet!!!

Snakes and rats scare me.

Have a great day, thanks for sharing.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

4?!!? WOW! Thats a lot of snakes in one day! Wonder if some kids brought them in or something like that...surely 4 didn't just wonder in...I don't blame y'all for getting on top of your desks either!! Thats where I would have been! :D

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh sheesh!!!! that is craziness!!!! I HATE SNAKES!!! spiders, bugs, wasps, bees...none of them phase me - but SNAKES - YIKES!! I don't care if they are small. I don't care if they are "non-poisonous" (who really cares if it BITES you?!!). they CREEP ME OUT like nothing else. I shudder for you, dear friend!! I hope they get it under control SOON!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Tim and Melissa said...

We're having a similar (I guess) problem here at work. We have mice running everywhere. We just built a new building, so they are trying to find new places to live. Unfortunealty, most of them have found places to die...in my office. We're doing a lot of chair walking around here.
Rats and snakes and bugs...oh my.
Tismia

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home