Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Oprah's Bright Idea

posted by Christi at 3:21 PM
I've never been certain just how I feel about Oprah Winfrey. To me she's always walked a dangerously fine line between being a saint and being plain 'ol pretentious. But I gotta give 'er some serious props for once 'cause she came up with a REALLY cool way to help the victims of Katrina get back on their feet. Ladies, you're especially gonna enjoy this. She's set up a registry on her website, like the ones used for weddings and babies, where people can shop for items to help furnish a home for a family who lost theirs to the hurricane. You can choose from something as simple as a toaster, or you can go all out and buy an entire kitchen. I love it. Mostly because I love to shop, I guess. But for those of you who would rather shovel poo than go through the turmoil of having to choose an item (i.e., you get stomach pains hoping it's a good item...the right item), there's also a place where you can make a simple cash donation. And for those of you who can swing it, you can even purchase a house to be built by Habitat for Humanity. Pretty cool, huh? Just go to www.oprah.com and click on "Oprah's Katrina Home Registry" on the left. The main window in the middle will switch over. Click on that, and it'll take you to the registry. Sound confusing? Yeah, it is a little. I must've clicked on the first little window like 30 times before I ever realized what was happening. But it was well worth the wait!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a great idea... I hope she doesn't have to start one because of Rita!!!

10:29 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

I'm with you on the Oprah thing Christi, but I think she crossed the line a while back :) Registry thing is pretty cool though!!

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like some of the things O does, but I don't follow her that much. Good news to hear that A is doing better about school. I see it everyday, so I knew it would only be a matter of time before he liked it and realized that he wasn't getting left forever.

Love ya
T

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home