Monday, August 22, 2005

Larr catches a big one!!!

posted by Larr at 9:33 PM


Fishing at Pat Mayse which has been nicknamed the "Dead Sea" this year due to the lack of fish we have been catching I caught my bigest fish yet. My father in law and I were fishing around some brush piles for some crappie when I felt a little tug on my line. I popped up my rod and the fight was on. I'd pull up and reel him in some and then he would run off and pull more of my line out. The fight went on for about 2 or 3 minutes probably but it felt like 10. Finally after wondering what I had got he came up to the top and we could tell he was a pretty good lookin' catfish. John grabbed the net and got him out of the water. He weighed about 8 pounds. It was quite fun having to work to get him in instead of just reeling in with no problem. In addition we also got 7 crappie. This was the best we have done there all year. Hopefully this won't be the biggest fish I catch......I am looking forward to the next one!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok... there we go... now I can leave comments... good looking fish, hope he makes a great meal. Have fun catching the next one.

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larr,

You know Big John won't take you fising if you keep out-catching him! :) No, actually, he was so proud of you for landing that big hog that he's told everyone about the massive catfish his son-in-law has caught!!!! I'm proud of you too!!!

Love you,
Meme

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home